Makes: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ripe apricots, halved lengthwise and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- Prepare a grill for medium, direct heat, preferably with hardwood or hardwood charcoal.
- Cook maple syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a small skillet over low heat, whisking occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Grill apricots cut side down, brushing with syrup mixture as they cook, until lightly charred and tender, 8–10 minutes.
- Move to a platter cut side up, and brush with more syrup mixture.
- Let apricots cool to room temperature.
- Serve with ice cream.